For Industrial Use Only.
Keep Out of the Reach of Children.
Product Packaging May Vary.
PRODUCT MAY FREEZE IN TRANSIT – order may be delayed due to freezing temperatures.
Forton™ VF-774 is an all acrylic, co-polymer dispersion (51% solids) specifically formulated for the GFRC production process. VF-774 is UV stable. It is further formulated to be stable and durable in the high pH Portland cement-based GFRC composite.
The Primary Benefits of Using Forton™ VF-774 are:
- Elimination of the seven day wet cure required to achieve the maximum strengths of the GFRC composite.
- Significant improvements in the long-term durability of the GFRC composite, especially the maintenance of the long-term flexural strain to failure property, i.e. ductility of the composite.
- Improved workability of the mix at low water/cement ratios, further enhancing the strength of the cured cement matrix.
- Easy spraying of vertical surfaces without having the face mix sag.
- Complete dispersion of iron oxide pigments for batch-to-batch color consistency of face mixes.
- UV stability of the Forton™ polymer means architectural finishes maintain their “as produced” colors.
- Hard cured face mixes for better sand blasting uniformity.
- Tighter, denser cured product, which reduces absolute moisture absorption and vapor permeability while at the same time significantly reducing the rate of absorption as a function of time.
- Elimination of crazing and spider cracking in the face mix due to the soft polymer particles in between the cement particle and the sand grain.
PCI Compliance: Forton™ VF-774 complies with Appendix G of MNL 130, the Manual for Quality Control for Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete Products from the PCI for the elimination of the seven day wet cure.
Moldmaking & Casting Calculators
Estimating the amount of material needed for a project can be a difficult task. Not having enough material or having too much left over is not only frustrating, but costly. To assist you with these calculations, we are happy to provide the following tools.
Contact Technical Help for Assistance
Technical help is a free service offered by Smooth-On, Inc. to assist end-users of rubbers, plastics, foams and other materials in realizing their project objectives.